Turn Around Time
An EDDM mailer will be delivered by HomeVisit to USPS within 48 business hours if approved before 2:00 pm that day
The minimum mailing for EDDM is 200 pieces and at least one complete carrier route. In other words, a mailing of 200 that only accounts for 70% of one carrier route would not be acceptable; a mailing to a complete mail carrier route of 58 addresses would also not be acceptable.
What is the difference between EDDM and bulk mail?
Essentially, EDDM is bulk mail. The difference between EDDM and regular direct mail is that EDDM must be mailed to every address on a mail carrier’s route, whereas normal direct mail can be tailored with specialized mailing lists.
Creating an EDDM Mailing
Select Your Routes
Choose the carrier routes on the EDDM Mapping Tool where you think your customers live. You can email to email@example.com the zip code and the routes in the zip code that you would like to mail to. You cannot add personal lists or choose anything outside of the carrier zip code and carrier routes.
Create a Mailpiece
Select the right type of mailpiece for your mailing. It must be a FLAT size. 6x11 or 8.5x11 qualifies for an EDDM mailing.
You do not need a mailing list for an EDDM mailing. Your mail is delivered to every address on your chosen postal routes.
The EDDM service uses simplified addressing instead of a full address. For example, most mailpieces will simply be addressed to "Postal Customer."
Every Door Direct Mail-Retail Indicia Guidelines
- Every EDDM mailpiece must have an EDDM indicia with “ECRWSS” in the address area, within the permit indicia, or below the permit, like the examples to the right.
- The EDDM Retail Indicia does not have a specific size requirement but must be larger than .5" x .5".
- The type font must be in all caps and at least a 4 point size.
- Place the indicia in the upper right-hand corner of the mailpiece.
- It should fit in the area 1.625" from the right edge and 1.375" from the top edge.
- Leave 1/8" of space around the top and right edge.
BMEU Address Label Guidelines
- "EDDM" must be included after "ECRWSS" on the address label if the mailpiece is 10.5" to 11.5" long.
- Including City, State, and 5-Digit ZIP Code is recommended but not required.