The Photographer’s Ephemeris (TPE) helps you plan outdoor photography shoots in natural light, particularly landscape and urban scenes. It’s a map-centric sun and moon calculator: see how the light will fall on the land, day or night, for any location on earth. Use this tool to schedule your photography session at the perfect time of day.
HOW TO USE TPE
- Click HERE to go to the TPE website
- Select the date of your proposed photography session
- Enter the property address you plan on having photographed
- Upon entering the address, the map will display the location. For better viewing, click the "Satellite" option in the top left hand corner of the map. Directly under the map, it will display the time the sun rises, the time the sunsets, when the moon sets and when the moon rises. Each phase is indicated by a different color on the map.
- Ideally, it's best to have the sun facing on the front of the house for your photography session. Use the slider underneath the phase timings to find the best time for photography.
- Once you've found a good time frame of when the sun is front facing on the property, keep that in mind when scheduling your photography session.
If you'd like more details and instructions on how to use the TPE tool, please visit their online tutorial HERE.
Article is closed for comments.