You need three things to use Matterport VR:
- Virtual reality headset
- Matterport VR app
|Still having problems opening a VR Space? Read more|
Virtual Reality Headset
Matterport supports the following headsets:
- Samsung Gear VR
- Zeiss VR One Plus
We recommend the Samsung Gear VR for the best experience, but Google Cardboard works fine too.
Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Microsoft Hololens, and other 'tethered headsets' are not supported.
If you're using the Samsung Gear VR, you need a Samsung Galaxy smartphone. The following models are supported:
If you are using Google Cardboard, you need an Android smartphone.
- Most recent models with a gyroscope and screens 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm) are supported
- Phones a year or two older may suffer from poor frame rate, latency, and other issues
- Requires Android 4.4 (KitKat) or above
- To find your current Android version open Settings and thenSystem > About device > Android version
- iOS (Apple iPhone) not currently supported. Coming soon.
Matterport VR App
If you are using the Samsung Gear VR, open the Oculus app on your smartphone.
|If you do not have the Oculus app, insert the smartphone into the Gear VR headset and you will be prompted to download it.|
Search for Matterport VR and download the app.
If you are using Google Cardboard, open the Google Play Store.
Download the Matterport VR (Cardboard) app.
Matterport VR for Gear VR Manual